Random Wire Art

Scrapbooking. Embellishments. Wire. Art. Lettering. Hobby. Hobbies. Rubber Stamping.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Alphabet: H...I...J...K...

Since I use cursive, there are many ways to make all of the letters.  H is one that is especially easy to make fancy by simply following regular cursive embellishments.  The trick to the H is to start at the top.  After reaching the bottom, crimp it back BEHIND itself until just above half of the length.  At that point, make a 90 degree to the right.  Another 90 degree upwards to the top of the height, before crimping it back ON TOP of itself for the second cross bar.  I've never much cared for the capital letter I in cursive, but there aren't a lot of different ways to make an I, so that they're legible as a capital letter.  For the letters J and P, you simply have to make the capital letter significantly larger than the rest, so that when you start in on the lower case letter, it looks proportionately larger.  K is a little tricky.  For the capital K, I always crimp behind.  For a lower-case K, there are a couple of options.  The one shown is how I normally make them; I do that because it's easiest, not necessarily because it looks the best. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home